Thursday, December 9, 2010

TOWER BRIDGE: The London Bridge

Children singing: "London Bridge is falling down (repeat: falling down 3x), My first lady..."

       Ah! Remember this nursery song kids used to sing in play grounds or at streets when I was little... and maybe even today kids are still singing the tunes..., i'm not sure anymore as I have not been home for like ages already. I am even wondering where this song with a very short lyrics originates.  Funny, even my old friends today (I mean, old as in parents already) asked the question when I phoned them overseas from London " How's the London Bridge?  Has it fell down?"  then followed by roaring laughter!  Luckily, it is still very much intact, otherwise tourist like me has nothing to prove about that London Bridge is still mightily standing up!  Ha! Ha! Ha!



The Tower Bridge or known as the famous...
LONDON BRIDGE.




















2 comments: